Saturday, January 21, 2006

On Hiatus

For those of you who have been reading this blog (if any have been), of late, you may have noticed that I've been missing in action for the past few days. I awoke, last Friday, with a horrific stiff neck, unable to move my head, and it is only today, Saturday, January 21st, that I have any mobility above my shoulders at all.
Thursday, I was able to move my head slightly to one side; it was then that I realized what it's like being in political office. Not having any flexibility above one's shoulders doesn't seem to pose a problem for our president, but poor Ah-nold, just when we had him pegged as a card-carrying neo-Con, the wind came in, or maybe it was W's latest popularity poll results, and blew him left of center.
Mind you, you'd have a hell of a time convincing me that the current governor of California is a Greenie, but anybody who gets into bed every night with a Kennedy must be alright. Some may think, when she married Schwarzenegger, Maria became a lapsed Kennedy, but she remains an indispensible member of the clan nonetheless.
The ability to see both sides of the equation has been called everything from bipolar to wishy-washy. Truth is, and has always been, not in black and white, but in the gray zone. So-called reality is a multidimensional affair, and anyone who sees life as a unilateral battle, literally or figuratively, is putting demons where daring should be.
Now that I'm back in the saddle, I hope you'll join me; one doesn't like to think of oneself as playing one-handed poker in cyberspace.